The lathe machine is one of the most important applications that are used for drilling, cutting, turning, tapping, and many more. It is also used in many Engineering applications and college workshops. Lathe machine has many qualities and is often termed as “Mother of Machining Tools” as it can be used for many different purposes.
The Grizzly G0602 Metal Lathe Review
One of the leading lathe machine manufacturers is Grizzly Industries, and they have been on top of this business for more than 30 years. They produce many more machinery Tools such as mills, drills, power tools, and hand tools. Grizzly Industries manufacture a wide range of lathe machines, and one of the best lathi machines of excellent quality is the Grizzly G0602.
The Grizzly G0602 Bench Top Metal Lathe is one of the finest woodturning machines out there, which has some excellent qualities, such as super friendly operations and amazing construction. This lathe machine provides the user a hassle-free turning and also comes with a powerful motor that is ideal for any diameter range in turning a project.
In-Depth Review of Grizzly G0602 Metal Lathe
- Swing over bed: 9-1/2″
- Swing over cross slide: 6-1/8″
- Distance between centers: 22″
- Spindle bore: 25mm
- Spindle thread: 1-3/4″ x 8 TPI
- Spindle taper: MT #4
- 3-Jaw and 4-Jaw chucks included
- Motor: 1 HP, 110V, single-phase, 13.6A
- Number of speeds: 6
- Speed range available in different variables 150RPM, 560RPM, 300RPM, 720RPM, the highest 2400 RPM and 1200 RPM
- Leadscrew: 3/4″–12 TPI
- Faceplate: 8″
ACCESSORIES INCLUDED WITH THE Grizzly G0602 Metal Lathe
- 4-Way Tool Post
- There are two sets of jaws with a 5″ 3-Jaw Chuck
- 6-1/2″ 4-Jaw Chuck with Reversible Jaws
- Face Plate
- Follow Rest
- MT#3 Dead Center
- Steady Rest
- Tool Box with Tool Kit
Detailed features of the Grizzly G0602 Lathe Machine
The Grizzly G0602 Lathe Machine has many special features and a great build design. Here is brief information on some of the best features of this top lathe machine made by Grizzly Industries.
The G0602 Grizzly model is one of the finest and top mini-metal Lathe out there for Benchtop turning operations. It has a sturdy body, and a turner won’t require any leg extension since it can stably stay on a table.
The construction of this model is highly durable and is made with excellent iron cast material. The iron cast used as a material has excellent properties such as tactile and is very solid. It also provides zero-vibration quality, which eliminates the vibration when the lathe is used at a very fast pace.
Along With this, the lathe machine provides locomotive features that are easily accessible since it can be kept on a tabletop. The weight is 447pounds and can be carried around easily.
HIGHLY POWERFUL MOTOR
The Grizzly G0602 machine has one of the best features, which is its ability to turn any hard metal into a metal craft. This is because of the powerful motor it is inbuilt with.
This motor is powered by a 110-volt single-phase with a speed of 1 horsepower. Due to this powerful and efficient motor in the late machine, metal turning is now easier since it can handle any hard metal during a turning project.
The Grizzly G0602 Lathe Metal Turning machine has the finest gearing system that includes a one-inch spindle bore and from 1 to 3 or a 4-inch × 8-inch TPI spindle with an MT4 spindle taper.
The gearbox present in the late make sure that the machine maintains a constant speed and there is no failure during the woodturning operation. The gearbox also offers the turner six feet to choose from the speed selection.
A Hassle Free Device
This device offers the user a hassle-free experience. This is possible with the intensive research on the customer and various developments done by Grizzly’s Research and development sector.
This device is made user-friendly by including some of the best features, such as a hardened and ground V-way bed which ensures optimal support for future use.
In addition to the user-friendly features, the Grizzly G0602 also comes with a one-year international warranty.
Offer Variable Speed Changes
The Grizzly G0602 consists of a gearbox that features a range of speed variations for the woodTurner to operate from. This gearbox provided in the lathe machine consists of six-speed ranges: 150,300,560,720,1200, and 2400 RPM.
You can change the speed depending upon the type of woodturning project you will be working on. This benchtop lathe provides the user with a knob that can be spun for changing the speed as they desire.
Pros and Cons of the Grizzly G0602 Metal Turning Lathe Machine
- This lathe machine comes at an incredible value for a starter lathe
- Offers plenty of extras such as 3-jaw, 4-jaw, centers, and tools.
- Has a good weight and size and great build quality
- All the parts are readily available through Grizzly
- Very user-friendly with great features
- All the parts get delivered in great condition and on time
- Best for beginner projects
- Great finishing
- It is highly durable and worth the price
- Has great locomotive features and can be carried around.
- The variable speed controls are Excellent
- The one-inch bore in the lathe machine can turn any metal into a massive project.
- Has a squeaky bearing
- Some of the diagrams on the machine are incorrect or backward
- It is a bit expensive
- Some users have reported that setting up the G0602 can be challenging, particularly for those who are new to metalworking or lathes
- Unlike some other metal lathes, the G0602 does not have an automatic feed stop, which can make it more difficult to achieve precise cuts
FAQs About Grizzly G0602 Metal Turning Lathe Machine
- What are the dimensions of the bottom tray in the lathe machine?
- The dimensions of the bottom catch tray are 0.5″ x 12.5″ x 47.25″
- How many longitudinal feeds are there in the Grizzly G0602 lathe machine?
- There are 9 longitudinal feeds available in the Grizzly G0602 lathe machine.
- What is the hole size of the spindle? What is the weight of the machine?
- The size of the through hole on the spindle is 1-inch.
- What is the size of the swing over bed and swing over cross slide in this Lathe machine?
- The size of the swing over bed and swing over cross slide in this Lathe machine is 9-½” and 6-⅛” respectively.
- How many variable speeds are provided in the gearbox?
- A total amount of 6 variable speeds are provided in the gearbox.
Special Features of Grizzly G0602 Metal Turning Lathe Machine
- It has a hard structure and also a precision-ground V-Way bed.
- it consists of a forward/reverse spindle switch
- this Lathe machine consists of a full-featured carriage and also Apron Assemblies that provide super accurate cuts and finishes to the wood piece
- it consists of a 4-way Turret Tool Post
- this lathe machine offers the user easy access to change the gears and police without any hassle
- this includes a steady rest and following rest
- it also comes with a cheap tree and a backsplash guard
- The Grizzly G0602 also consists of standard/metric hand wheel graduations
The Grizzly G0602 lathe machine is one of the greatest lathe machines provided by Grizzly Industries. However, there are things you should keep in mind before purchasing this Lathe benchtop machine.
- This is a semi-professional metal-turning lathe, not a milling machine combo.
- A beginner should take adequate precautions for operating this machine
- Measure the thickness of the tool and rest the bottom properly when you get the machine.
This information is necessary before purchasing the Grizzly Lathe machine.
Apart from this, this Grizzly G0602 model is easier to use and is well recommended as well for woodturning operations.
Hi, my name is Charles Winn, A DIY enthusiast, Mechanical Engineer. I was born and raised in Springfield, Missouri. I am also a father of two troublemaker kids, a terrible photographer, and I love to play chess.